This is the seventh of eight volumes on the history of Greece, first published in 1840. The volumes were aimed at two audiences: those people who wanted more than a superficial knowledge of the subject, but did not have the time or means to study the original sources, and those who had access to the ancient authors, but required a guide or interpreter. Volume 7 covers Alexander's campaigns in India, his passage down the Indus and return to Susa, and his death. It then takes the story to the end of the Lamian War, and to Cassander's occupation of Athens. Next it deals with the treaty between Antigonus and Ptolemy, Cassander and Lysimachus in 311 BCE. The final chapter considers the period from 311 BCE to the battle of Ipsus. This book will be of interest to researchers and students of ancient history.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2010
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108012690
- length: 392 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 22 x 140 mm
- weight: 0.5kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
53. Alexander's campaigns in India to his retreat from the Hyphasis
54. Alexander's passage down the Indus and return to Susa
55. From Alexander's return to Susa to his death
56. From the death of Alexander to the end of the Lamian War
57. From the end of the Lamian War to Cassander's occupation of Athens
58. From Cassander's occupation of Athens to the treaty between Antigonus and Ptolemy, Cassander and Lysimachus, in 311 B.C.
59. From the Peace of 311 to the Battle of Ipsus.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×