This is the fourth of eight volumes on the history of Greece, first published in 1837. The volumes were aimed at two audiences: those people who wanted more than a superficial knowledge of the subject, but did not have the time or means to study the original sources, and those who had access to the ancient authors, but required a guide or interpreter. Topics in this volume include the final stages and the end of the Peloponnesian War, and the restoration of democracy at Athens. Later chapters look at the expedition of Cyrus the Younger, the renewal of hostilities between Sparta and Persia, and the Peace of Antalcidas. This book will be of interest to researchers and students of ancient history.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2010
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108012669
- length: 484 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 27 x 140 mm
- weight: 0.61kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
27. From the close of the Sicilian expedition to the beginning of the rupture between the Spartans and Alcibiades
28. From the beginning of the rupture between the Spartans and Alcibiades to the overthrow of the Four Hundred at Athens, and the restoration of Alcibiades
29. From the overthrow of the Four Hundred to the Battle of Notium
30. From the Battle of Notium to the end of the Peloponnesian War
31. From the end of the Peloponnesian War to the reestablishment of democracy at Athens
32. Retrospective survey of the internal condition of Athens during the Peloponnesian War, carried forward to the renewal of hostilities between Athens and Sparta
33. The expedition of Cyrus the younger
34. The return of the Greeks
35. From the renewal of hostilities between Sparta and Persia to the death of Lysander
36. From the death of Lysander to the Peace of Antalcidas
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×